Through My Eyes

Saturday, December 09, 2006

My new OS - Ubuntu

I've just installed Ubuntu linux into my laptop. Dual booting it with windows. Installation is rather simple since its the second time i'm doing it. IMHO, i think Ubuntu is the best distribution i've ever used. I can be considered rather new to linux so i have to spend alot of time googling and reading forums. I've always wanted to use linux as my main OS but i always lack the 'courage' to do so since majority of the people are still using Windows XP. However, in my opinion, how can a computer engineering student not know how to use linux. Yes, Windows still have its uses, but i think in the very near future, everyone will be forced to buy Vista [and to use Vista, you need to have a good machine]. Support for Windows XP home will cease on 31/12/06 as reported by Arstechinca. Switching to linux also reduce the temptation for me to play games and concentrate on my work. Enough said, lets take a look at my new OS:)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home